Saturday, May 7, 2011

Beginnings

So I have my own blog, and that begs the question why?.  Fair enough, as a member of several forums, I would often post about topics concerning the Church, family, and life.  Not that I'm a expert on any that, but for some reason folks seemed to like what I had to say, and reading my stories of life in a place where being Catholic puts me in a unique minority (my city is less than 2% Catholic) gives me plenty to write about.

One thing you will note if you follow my blog- I can make  a story out of the most mundane of things, and I suppose that is why people enjoyed reading my stories on various forums, they could relate.  I'm a simple guy, and I try to write in the same manner, so everyone can undestand-I hope.

I found many young couples especially liked where I was coming from, kind of like showing the way to the promised land, that things get better if you stick it out.  Debbie and I have been happily married for 33 years, our life together has been very blessed,  Not only have we been powerfully attracted to each other all these years, but we are good friends, with good careers. We started like most kids newly married, eating beans and rice on hand me down furniture while she was in night school, and I was working a terrible factory job, waiting for the fire department to call me.  Couples endure many phases to reach the pinnacle of a empty nest, security, and happiness, and it makes us feel good when some young couple, going through the trials of money, child rearing, and discontent, say we are giving them something to shoot for.  Our path here was probably not as difficult as others, but over the years we have witnessed many divorces and other tribulations of our friends, so we have insights. 

Last summer, our handsome bachelor son, making money in the private sector with all the things a young man wants/needs, gave it all up to enter the seminary to pursue his calling to the priesthood.  Needless to say, it took us time to get our hands around that.  The fact he is our only child (not our choice, but God's) only added to the anxiety.  I will expand on that in the days and weeks to come.

So welcome to my blog, not only do I hope you find something useful, but find entertainment.  Stay tuned.

3 comments:

  1. Congrats on taking this step (at last)! Don't forget Taco Night and all the great stories from other places, to start your writing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's about time! :) Will be looking forward to further entries!

    ReplyDelete
  3. bout time is right!!!! We have always loved your stories!!!

    ReplyDelete