Wednesday, May 11, 2011

So it is day 2 of "Debbie at the beach leaving me all alone for 7 days."  Having the house all to yourself for 7 days can be interesting.  Silence in the night, you have to get use to it.  I'm use to being alone in day, but at night Debbie is home and we talk, sit together, eat, and ahem, "other things."  Everything in this house reminds me of her, I gave her free reign to do with as she pleases.  She treats it just like a little girl does her dollhouse.  She told me when she was growing up, she played house everyday.  I asked her once, "well is this like your days of playing house when you were 5?"  "Pretty much, only then I was married to Richard Chamberlin, but you're a close second."  "Well that makes me feel better, I guess being runner up to him is not all that bad."

Last night it seemed I was all alone in this great big world.  Playstaton Network has been down 3 weeks, and that has been a BIG bummer, how that gadget passes the time, and with Debbie gone I could blow up stuff really LOUD.  So that activity was off the board.  I watched a movie off Netflix, studied Fox News till my eyes blurred, got tired of that and went on the internet.  About 10pm my phone buzzed, it was her.

"Heeeeey miss me?"

"Yesssssss too quiet here, but you don't have that problem where you're at, sounds like you're in a club somewhere"

"LOL, kinda, at the bar section of this seafood place"

"if some guy wants to buy ya drinks its ok, save ya some money when can spend when ya get home"

"I wish I had known, I turned down 2 already"

"DID NOT"

"DID TOO"

"dadgum, I better get down there"

"Oh hush, didja water my plants outside?"

"yesss been following THE list, tomorrow is take out trash and scoop cat box"

"I'm impressed, gotta go, tawk tomorrow k?  I love ya!"

So this morning I slept in, got online,and fed Roxy (cat)  Debbie is a morning person so she's use to eating at 5:30am, but with me she's going to have to adjust.  Her meowing at me didn't work this morning.

About 9am my phone went "She's the dancing queen only 17," her ringtone so I know its HER from anywhere.

She asked, "so what ya doin today?"

"I dunno, not got that far yet, you?"

"we're gonna lay at the pool till lunch, then go down to the beach"

"well I'm gonna call Meggie (my niece in law that we treat as a DIL.)" and see if she's doin tacos, today is Wednesday."

"I spoke to her last night, she's workin"

"dang, reckon I'll eat tacos out then, prolly go after Mass tonight, I'm sure I can find someone to tag along from the Wednesday evening crowd."

"Talk to Chris?"

"Text message, said his last class is next Thursday"

"It will be good to have him home for 2 weeks"

"yeah"

So we hung up and I gathered my stuff to go run.  When I finished that I came home and ate a chicken sandwich.  Now I'm just hanging out waiting on time to go to church.  Still have to water stuff and scoop the cat box though.

No comments:

Post a Comment